Sunday, July 3, 2011

BBQ Chicken Legs

Shall we take another walk down memory lane?  I don't connect my childhood with a lot of food, I am not really sure how we survived but someone cooked something.  I have a few recipes that remind me of my childhood like puffed carmel corn and dill dip, this is one of them.  Honestly, the only way I like this BBQ sauce is with chicken on the bone.  It's probably a "memory" thing we never ate boneless skinless chicken breasts when I was a kid (and if we did, I don't remember them).  My husband is not a chicken on the bone kind of person, no matter how amazing the BBQ is or how I prepare them, it's just not his thing.  He will suck it up from time to time just to satisfy my need to reminisce in my childhood.  He's weird, cause as soon as I pick the "meat" off the bone to use it for something else he'll eat it...whatever...if you've seen him, you know he's not starving (love you babe).

2 pound of bone in chicken (use whatever is on sale-I used chicken legs that I picked up for $1.49
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup diced onions
4 Tablespoons sugar
pepper
3 Tablespoons vinegar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Place chicken in pan.  Bake for about 45 minutes uncovered.  After about 40 minutes place the ingredients for the BBQ sauce in a sauce pan.  Bring to a boil for 1-2 minutes.  Turn off.  Remove pan of chicken from the oven.  Cover the chicken with the sauce.  Bake for an additional 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.  I usually double the BBQ sauce recipe to have extra for dipping.  YUMMY and it always brings me back to my childhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment