Monday, July 11, 2011

Seasoned Pretzels

Once again my resourceful cookbook, The Cooking Mom by Amy Hanten, came to the rescue as I prepared for a trip to the North woods.  Around the 4th of July each year we head up to visit some family in what I would call the deep, dark woods.  I wanted to bring something that traveled easy and could be served to a crowd.  I thought these were amazing. 



2 bags (16 ounces) small pretzels
1 packet (1 ounce) dry ranch salad dressing
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons dill weed
1 1/2 garlic powder

Place the pretzels in a large bowl.  Combine remaining ingredients and pour over pretzels.  Stir to coat.  Pour into a large baking pan.  Bake at 200 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring every 15 minutes.  Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.  According to Amy, she puts them in a bunch of snack bags.  I put mine in a big gallon bag to take on a road trip.

These are great just for a snack or paired with beer dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment