Sunday, July 17, 2011

Homemade Salsa

I am so pumped that it's gardening season.  This is my second year with a garden and my thumb is GREENER than normal this year.  What a refreshing treat to serve with chips, quesadillas, or even on top of a burger.  I seriously, CANNOT get enough of this.


6-9 tomatoes (depending on the size and what you have on hand)
1 onion diced
1 jalapeno diced (with or without seeds-depending on how hot you want it)
2-3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, I know weird, trust me it's good

Chop tomatoes, place in a bowl.  Dice onions very small, I use my Pampered chef food chopper so the onions are tiny.  I also use my chooper for the cilantro and the jalapeno.  Genltley mix the ingredients, add the garlic salt and cinnamon.  Mix again.  Refrigerate or serve immediately.  YUMMY.

No comments:

Post a Comment