Saturday, July 30, 2011

Meaty Pizza Sauce

This is another recipe that I tweaked from The $5 Dinner Mom Breakfast and Lunch Cookbook by Erin Chase.  Seriously, I need to get that back to the library...I've already renewed it once.  I used this sauce in a 2 different recipes as I was doing some batch cooking.  I made calzones and Stromboli.  In the future I will use it to make homemade pizza.  You could double each of the above recipes if you only wanted to make one of them.  Each only requires about 1/2 of the meaty sauce. 

1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, diced
3 8 ounce cans of tomato sauce
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion powder

Brown ground beef with onion.  Once browned, add the tomato sauce and seasoning.  Stir together.  Cook for about 6 minutes until combined well.  Use the sauce for whatever you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment