Monday, July 11, 2011

Beer dip

I have made this dip before and I am not sure what recipe I followed.  For this recipe I went to Amy Hanten's The Cooking Mom, did I mention I have an autographed copy?  This was my gift from my big sister, my name is spelled wrong but it's the thought that counts.  I must admit I did drink half a bottle of beer...I put it in a frosty mug and enjoyed it while outside before the fireworks.  Since I am used to be a beer girl in my olden days, it was nice a nice treat.  For many different reasons, I am not a big drinker...just a choice I've made, however, someone made a good point, if I was a big drinker I would just have to deal with my kids with a hangover.  That my friends is not my idea of a good time.  Drink I mean, eat this dip responsibly.  Don't drink eat and drive.  You do not need to be 21 to consume this dip.
2 packages cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup beer (somebody gets to drink the rest!-she said it not me)-I used more like 1/2 cup
1 packet (1 ounce) dry ranch dip mix
1 1/2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese

With a mixer beat together cream cheese, dip mix, and beer until smooth.  Stir in cheese and chill for at least 2 hours.  Serve with seasoned pretzels or beer bread. This can be served as a snack for your family or brought up to the North woods in a cooler. 

1 comment:


  1. Interesting and amazing how your post is! It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much, and I am looking forward to Hearing from your next.. blog

    ReplyDelete