Sunday, July 24, 2011

Apple/Strawberry Smoothies

My kids LOVE smoothies.  They ask for them all the time.  I meant to take a picture but once I got things semi picked up and I turned around to snap a photo of this smoothie in the "baby" cup, this is what I ended up with.  You can really make smoothies with just about any kind of fruit.  I had never made one with apples before.  Since I had cut up some apples for a trip to the pool, which was cut short by thunder, the leftovers ended up in this smoothie.  Win, Win.  Right?  Snack at the pool and beverage for dinner.  Smoothies come together in a snap with my Magic Bullet.  Clean up is a breeze and it's perfect to make individual smoothies with different fruits with no additional mess.  Do you see how I could end up a hoarder of kitchen appliances? 
1 cup apple diced, not peeled
1 container strawberry yogurt
1/2 cup milk

Place all item in the Magic Bullet.  Blend until smooth.  Serve in bullet cup.  Or I usually pour it into 2 cups for the kids to split.  This serves 1 big person or 2 little people.

No comments:

Post a Comment