Sunday, July 3, 2011

Menu Monday 7/4

Happy Independence Day!  Whoot Whoot! This week I made several meals that I could "flip" into meal the next day.  I love it when I can do that, I'm always trying to get more bang for my buck.  As we are trying to cut back on spending, flipping meals allows us to throw out less and get a new taste using many of the same ingredients.  Since I am home during the summer and feeding the whole family breakfast and lunch, we seem to eat less leftovers for dinner.  Even though I eat leftovers during the school year for lunch, we always have fewer in the summer.  I don't mind cooking so it's not that big of a deal that I seem to be spending most of my waking hours thinking about, preparing, and cleaning up from meals, anybody else feel like that?  

Sunday-marinated mushrooms and watermelon for a pool party

Monday- BBQ chicken legswith mashed potatoes & peas

Tuesday-pot roast with rice & broccoli

Wednesday-pot roast Shepard's pie

Thursday-poppy seed chickenwith banana blueberry bread

Friday-blueberry breakfast bake with strawberry syrup

Saturday-cowboy steaks with shallot butter with pepperoni pasta salad,

If you enjoyed my menu, you can find mine and others just like it at I'm an organized junkie.

1 comment:

  1. i am obsessed with menu planning!! i think about it all week and bookmark meals. its an addiction
    i know im late but i look through the menus all week to get ideas.
    i hope you'll stop by my blog and check out my Menu Plan and come back next week to see my new menu plan!
    Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete