Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sweetness Saturday

Another day, another dollar, Isn't there a saying like that?   Well it's Saturday and it's a hot one.  As usual this was another great day. 

It was so beautiful out.  Tonight I ate dinner on the deck with these 2 characters, who shall remain nameless. Part of their faces have been hidden to protect their identity.  Aren't they sweet?

On this amazing Saturday, I hit the jackpot in the "meat" department.  Not only do I shop clearance clothes racks but I try to hit the clearance meat racks, too.  I scored some pretty sweet deals of boneless, skinless chicken thighs for $1.00 per pound, pork stew meat for $1.99 per pound, and some thin, sirloin steak for $2.50 per pound.  I bought the meats and froze them in one pound packages for later use, however, I kept out a few of the steaks to grill up for myself.  As I was driving home, day dreaming  focused on the road, I remembered a great recipe from my go to meal site, these cowboy steaks with shallot butter
Doesn't that look super SWEET?  It's so yummy.  The kids and Scott are not really steak people.  I had picked up some clearance garlic, Parmesan bread for less than $1.00.  I made the kids ham and cheese on one half of the loaf.  Scott isn't a big plain steak person but will eat it once in a while so I thought I'd make it more his style by turning it into a cheesy, cowboy steak sandwich.  It looked good.  I won't really know until he eats it tomorrow night for dinner at work.  If I was eating this, I would have put sauteed onions, peppers, and mushrooms on this with less cheese. 
Although there are many things to be thankful for today...I am most thankful for my amazing children.  Yes, they drive me nuts at times and once in a while I want to try to give them away sell them, the legal ramifications would just be too great though.  At the end of the day, I am always amazed at SWEET it feels to be their mommy and I would not trade one single moment of my life for any other.  Enjoy the rest of your Saturday...I hope you had at least a few sweet moments today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment