Monday, July 11, 2011

Jessica Simpson's chicken and dumplings

I love being part of a church that helps others in need.  A few years back I was in a situation where I needed a little bit of help and my church friends stepped up to the plate.  One of the meals that was brought to me during this time were these Jessica Simpson's Chicken dumplings.  Who knew Jessica Simpson could even cook?  I mean if you ever watched the her Newlywed show, many, many moons ago you would know that she didn't know the difference between chicken and tuna.  Any who, thanks to my friend Julie who introduced me to this recipe.  Although that "season" has since passed in my life, making these reminds of love and compassion.  I really connect food a lot with emotions and past experiences, weird, I know.  Usually, I follow this recipe pretty exact but I decided to omit a few steps just because I can.

2 cans crescent rolls
3 cups of chicken (I used the chicken rib meat-it was on sale again for $.99 a pound bone in breasts)
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I used 98% Fat Free)
1 cup of chicken broth (homemade from the chicken bones)
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Roll out the cans of crescent roll sheets and separate into diamond shaped sections. Place a small handful of chicken on each diamond, fold dough over and press ends together to create dumplings. 
Line a 9x13" baking dish with one layer of dumplings. Mix cream of chicken soups and broth together.  Pour over the layer of dumplings.  Season dish with salt and ground black pepper and bake until the dumplings are tender and cooked through and the top is bubbly and brown, about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment