Monday, June 27, 2011

Cheese Pizza

Back in the olden days I purchased a bread machine.  You know back when everyone just had to have one?  This was back in my precooking days and I didn't take any risks when cooking.  Well I always bought the bread mixes with everything in and all you had to do was add water.  For the life of me I couldn't figure out why my loaves would not turn out, they were supposed to be regular loaves.  They turned out to be mini loaves.  We moved and our kitchen is tiny.  Since I hardly ever used it, I got rid of it.  Sad, I know.  Well about 6 months back I decided that I wanted another bread machine so I bought one from Goodwill for $7.99.  I have successfully used my bread machine more in the last 6 months than I used my previous machine in the 8+ years that I owned it. 

I found this recipe and it's one of my favorite pizza crust recipes.  This recipe makes enough dough for 2 crusts.  You can either make 2 pizzas or package one up to pass along to a neighbor, like I did.  I'm sure there is a way to freeze this for later use but I haven't mastered that yet.  You will need to double the sauce and cheese if you make both crusts for yourself. 



1 jar store bought pizza sauce
2 cups shredded mozeralla cheese

Prepare crust according to directions.  I always pre-bake my crust for about 8 minutes, this helps to make it crispy.  Spread sauce onto the crust.  Top with cheese.  Bake at 350 for about 12-15 additional minutes.  My was cut into 8 slices, each slice was 7 Points Plus.  Here is an added bonus for me, my kids love pizza but they love "frozen" pizza.  When I make pizza using the Pilsbury refrigerated dough (which I love), they won't touch it.  They can't get enough of this pizza made with homemade dough, who knows...I think they are just weird.  Happy pizza making!

No comments:

Post a Comment