Monday, June 27, 2011

Meat Pie

This recipe came to fruition because I had a pie crust left over from a rhubarb custard pie that I made, it was about to go bad.  I also had taken out some ground beef with intentions of making something for the crock pot in the morning but you know how life works, right?   I almost always have tomato soup on hand, especially for this Mexican filling and the half & half was leftover from this salad.  There's no good story to go with this recipe, except it's made from crap stuff I had readily available.  It was simple, cheap, and easy...just the way I like it. 



1 pound ground beef (I used 93/7)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bag frozen corn
3 potatoes, roughly peeled and diced
1 can tomato soup
1/4 cup half and half
salt and pepper to taste
1 pie crust

Preheat oven to 350.  Brown ground beef with onions on the stove, add salt and pepper.  While you're browning the meat boil the potatoes for 7-10 minutes until just tender.  When beef is brown, stir in tomato soup and half & half.  Then add the boiled potatoes.  Spray a 2 quart oven safe dish with cooking spray, add mixture to dish.  Place pie crust on top of the dish, pinch edges to create a seal. 

This was 7 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment