Sunday, June 12, 2011

Creamy Chicken with pasta

The idea of this recipe comes from Easy Philly Cream Cheese Recipes.  I followed many of the steps but I omitted a few things to simplify for my picky eater (my husband).  I was heading out for a Mexican Fiesta at a local Mexican joint for dinner with my girlfriends.  Of course, mommy still needs to feed the family and sending them to McDonald's seems like a good plan, however, Grandma was over the day before and fed them Mc Donald's.  I am a way better mom than raising my kids on fast food, they deserve some good old home cooking or at least my wallet does.  Plus I need stuff to blog about... The highlight of this recipe is this...

I picked this up on sale for 2 for $5 with an additional coupon for $1 off.  I also purchased another kind of cooking cream the Santa Fe style...I'm not sure what I'll make with that one but if you're interested my friend Krista at Krista's Kitchen tried the santa-fe-chicken-casserole.  It looks good but I might try something different...of course, so I can blog about it.

3 boneless, skinless chicken breast defrosted
1 tub of (10 oz.)PHILADELPHIA Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
2 cups of cooked any type of pasta (I used spaghetti noodles)
1 tsp garlic salt
2-3 Tablespoons of Parmesan cheese

Cook chicken in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 5 to 6 min. or until chicken is done. Drain all but 1 Tbsp. liquid.   Add cooking creme; cook and stir 3 min.  Stir in pasta.  Sprinkle with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese.  When I was cooking it the cooking cream was creamy almost like an Alfredo sauce.  I did not eat any since I was going to save every single calorie for my yummy Mexican food.  When I did eat this as a leftover, the cooking cream did not melt even when warmed.  It was kind of weird...just saying.  The taste was right on but the texture was more like Parmesan cheese. 

I would make it again but if I was going to be home for this meal, I would have added the peppers, spinach, and probably an onion.  I would have skipped the pine nuts just because it's not my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment