Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pizza Popcorn

This recipe came from The $5 Dinner Mom Breakfast and Lunch Cookbook by Erin Chase. I check this book out from the library on a Tuesday, when I had a chance on Friday I thumbed through the book and read the tips. Of course since I have a limited time to view the book and try recipes, I thought I should get a head start.  I found a couple of recipes that were must tries.  My MIL is heading out on a trip so I thought I'd be getting some blogging materials a thoughtful, Christian woman by preparing her and her siblings some snacks for the road.  Since I couldn't do what I did for our day trip for her I made 3 easily portable snacks:  6 week muffins, protein packed cereal bars, and pizza popcorn.  I did end up doubling this for some to send on the trip and some to keep at home.

2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 cups of popped popcorn

In a blender or mini food processor, blend the Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper for 1 minute.  Add freshly popped popcorn to a large brown and sprinkle the cheese-herb mixture over the top.  Toss until the popcorn is evenly coated.  Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment