Sunday, June 12, 2011

brownie cookie bar

So this is another recipe that was introduced to me several years ago when I was working at my "first' high school job in a functional community program.  This is another one of those child labor things, however, when the kids first made them, they got to eat them.  I can't recall where the original recipe would have come from but probably a simple cookbook.  After a google search that was turning up nothing, I finally came across this from Better Homes and Garden.  Although I didn't follow this recipe, I used some of the basic techniques.  While at the grocery store boxes of brownies were on sale for $.88, so I purchased a few boxes to help with my need to improve my baking. It's no secret that baking is not my thing.  However, I'm working on it.  Even items from a box count, right? 

1 box brownie mix (with ingredients necessary to make)
usually it's oil, egg, and water
1 package of sugar cookie dough

Preheat the oven to 350.  Mix brownies according to the package directions.  Spray a 9 x 11 inch baking pan.  Press the package of sugar cookie dough into the pan, covering the pan with cookie.  My intention was to flatten the cookie dough into the pan, for some reason it was not as easy as I thought.  I ended up just slicing them like cookies and layering them in the pan.  Similar concept and it worked out fine.  Pour the brownie batter over the top of the cookies.  Bake for 40 minutes or until brownies are cooked through.  The kids loved them, so did I.  I really like the combination.  Give them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment