Monday, June 20, 2011

banana bread #2

Awhile back I mentioned that I was waiting for a recipe for banana bread and while I was waiting for my email response I made this version.  It was great and easy.  My friend, Denise, claims her recipe is simple and amazing.  The only thing that I did differently was added more liquid.  This recipe calls for 1/3 cup of milk, that is certainly not enough.  I added more like 1 cup, I'd suggest starting with 1/3 cup and adding until it creates a batter.  I also used the larger loaf pan and was able to make 2 loaves, they baked for about 55 minutes. 

21/2 c. flour
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
31/2 tsp. baking powder
3 tbl. oil
1/3 c. milk (I added about 1 cup of milk)
1 egg
3-4 bananas smashed with a fork

I dump and mix all ingredients except bananas first and then add the mashed bananas and mix well and then pour into sprayed pans

350 degrees
mini loaves - 35-45 minutes
9in loaf 75 minutes
cook until brown and done looking

I like to put a slice in the toaster and butter - the best!
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment