Monday, May 30, 2011

Taco Salad

I literally threw this salad together based on combing a few salads to make this delicious treat. I brought this to my life group. My friend Alisha, ate thirds...it's that good.  This is also another fairly simple recipe. 

1 pound taco meat (you can use Flexible Mexican Filling)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 box whatever noodles you have on hand (I used some t
twisty ones,-I know very specific)
1 head or bag of shredded lettuce
1 cup light Western dressing
1 chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped onion (or green onion leftover from olive dip)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup crushed Taco Flavored Doritos (you could use Nacho cheese Doritos if you prefer)

Make the taco meat.  While you are doing that boil your noodles.  When noodles are done, rinse with cold water to cool.  Combine meat, beans, noodles, onion, lettuce, and tomato.  Pour on dressing.  Add cheese.  Mix well.  When ready to serve add the Doritos.  Serve immediately.  This is best when served and eaten right away.  The Doritos get soggy if this dish is served as leftovers...but add more crushed chips and it's like new.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment