Monday, May 30, 2011

Jello Salad

This recipe comes from my sister's, sister-in-law.  Or if that's not clear, from my brother-in-laws sister...got it now? Marsha brought this to my nephew's 6th birthday party.  It was yummy.  I did make a few adjustments and I'll note those on the side.   
 
Raspberry Jello Pretzel Salad
 
1 (6 oz.) pkg. raspberry jello (I used sugar free cherry)
2 C. boiling water
1 (20 oz.) pkg. frozen raspberries (I used blueberries)
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 C. sugar
9 oz. cool whip
1 1/2 C. crushed pretzels
3/4 C. melted butter
2 T. sugar
 
Mix jello, water and raspberries. Pour into glass serving bowl. Let set. I do this the night before. Mix cream cheese with beater until soft add sugar mix together, fold in cool whip. Pour (spread) over jello layer. Mix pretzel crumbs, butter and sugar together and put onto a Cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes; stir once while baking. Cool and put over top layer before serving. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment