Sunday, May 22, 2011

Easy Baked Pork Chops

Here's another very simple recipe.  I know I'm such an amazing cook.  Actually, simple meals are part of the reason that I can serve a hot dinner to the kids while still working full time with my husband working a different shift.  I do have several tricks up my sleeve to make this happen, simple meals are just one of them.  These chops take a little bit more time in the oven but the time preparing is very minimal.  You will be free to clean, surf the net, play with your kids, read a book, do some laundry, do some work-work at home, see the possibilities are endless.  Now that I think about it, my mom used to make something similar when I was young but she used wild rice or something...that was good too.  I used leftover rice from Orange Marmalade Glazed Chicken

4-6 pork chops (bone-in or boneless-your choice)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups rice (leftover already cooked works best)
1/2 cup cooking wine or chicken broth
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste

Yep, that's it.  Preheat oven to 350. Using a 9x13 pan coat the bottom with cooking spray.  Evenly spread the rice in the pan.  Season pork chops with salt and pepper, place on top of the rice.  cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45-55 minutes.  Meanwhile, mix soup, milk, and wine (or broth).  When pork chops are no longer pink, pour soup mixture over chops and rice, bake an additional 25-30 minutes.  Serve with a vegetable of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment