Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bubble Up Pizza Casserole

Well this recipe entered my life serveral years ago during a weight watchers phase.  I know I should really think about going back.  Oh well.  I couldn't find the original location so I headed to one of my go to sites and typed in Pizza Casserole.  I was able to find one that was similar to the one I learned the technique from, Biscuit Pizza Bake is the closest I would find.  Once you learn the basics of this recipe you can make it what ever way suits your family's tastes.  For me, when I made this I was using leftover sauce from a spaghetti dinner and I was making one pan for us and another for our neighbor, who just had the 10lb baby.  For a while this was a weekly or bi-weekly menu item.  I love it filled with "stuff", my kids prefer basic with cheese, Scott likes his with meat like hamburger, pepperoni, ham, and whatever else I can find to toss in.  I've done a taco version and a BBQ chicken version, too.  This recipe is so, so simple almost anyone could put this together.

2 cans of refrigerated buscuits
2-3 cups of your favorite sauce with browned hamburger (or the free stuff you bring home from a church event)
1 1/2 cups of shredded mozeralla cheese

See even my friend, Alisha could make this 3 ingredients (4 if you count the cooking spray).  Hi Alisha, I hope you're reading my blog!

Spray a 9x11 baking pan with cooking spray.  Take a kitchen sheers and cut the buscuits into quarters.  Toss into the pan.  Spread them evenly onto the bottom of the pan.  Add the sauce.  Bake for 20-25 miuntes until biscuits start to brown.  Add the cheese and put back in the oven for about 5 minutes.  Serve.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I can handle this recipe. It seems too complicated and time consuming. 8-P Thanks for sharing. I might actually get the girls to eat this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. It's actually causes much stress but it has more to do with what way I'm going to prepare it. If you try it let me know what your family thinks! I'd love to hear feedback.

    ReplyDelete