Monday, May 30, 2011

Suped Up Cole Slaw

Well for those of  you who care...I'm headed back to weight watchers.  If you haven't noticed, because apparently it's obvious to people who keep asking me if I am pregnant...I know didn't people ever get told NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ask if a lady is pregnant unless you have been told....a student and my lovely father asked me...I've put on a few pounds.  Sad but true.  That seems to be how I roll, literally...LOL Anyway, because of that and health reasons I've got to get back on plan.  I rejoined Weight Watchers last week.  As much as I hate spending money on that it just needs to be done.  This recipe comes from my friend, Kelli, who is also rejoining the world of Weight Watchers.  It's from a cookbook but I don't have the information and I suppose I should get it cause again I don't need the copyright police at my door.  I think she said it was the Taste of Home Cooking Light...I wonder if that's good enough.  I really don't know the name either but I will call it Suped Up Cole Slaw because it's packed with veggies.  According to her calculations, the serving size is 3/4 cup and it serves 8...the point value is 3 Points Plus value.  I made a few adjustments by basically adding more veggies to equal 4 cups of veggies and 4 cups of slaw, this made the serving size 1 cup for still 3 points.  I do have to say it was OK, not the best.  It was definitely missing something.  I added more salt and pepper, it still wasn't on target.  This was my first "go" at slaw, if you are a slaw making fool please give me any pointers on how I can make this tastier. 

1 cup Light Sour Cream
1/2 cup Fat Free Mayo (I used Light)
1 T sugar or splenda
1 T tarragon or regular vinegar (I used cider vinegar)
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1 cup coarsely chopped cauliflower
1 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup onion
1/4 cup green pepper
1/4 cup cucumber
1/2 cup chopped peanuts (I used cashews)

Mix the sour cream, mayo, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper.  In a large bowl combine cabbage and all other veggies.  Add the dressing to the veggies.  Mix well.  Before serving sprinkle with peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment