Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cheeseburger Sliders

I did not invent the idea of sliders.  Actually, I've tried a few recipes such as sliders at Krista's Kitchen, mushroom & swiss sliders at Pioneer Woman, or oven baked cheeseburger sliders at Make Dinner Easy.  I just adapted the concept with what I had readily available.  Although it has cooled off a bit, I really liked making these on the stove top. 



1 pound ground beef
1 Tablespoon minced onion
1/2 Tablespoon garlic salt
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
2 slices of cheese, your choice on the type
8 mini-sandwich rolls
Burger toppings of your choice such as fried onions, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and selective condiments. 

Mix ground beef with onion, salt , and Worcestershire.  Divide the beef in half.  Then divide each half into 4 equal mini burgers, for a total of 8 burgers.  Cook for about 5 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other, in a skillet on the stove top.  Cook until no longer pink in the center.  Put on the rolls and top with desired toppings.  I served this with a mock spinach salad (much like this one but much easier) and cucumber slices.

2 comments: